eeek! I knew it had been awhile, but 2 months? wow! Been a few changes as of late...the girls and I moved out of our rental house back in August - its a long story, the shortest and least complicated explanation would be the landlord had an offer on the house, I made very quick plans to vacate said house, offer fell through...but at this point I had most everything packed, had a storage unit arranged, and my very dear friend Crystal offered to take us in for a bit. So that's where we are now. Been trying to get some assistance from the local housing authority for a low rental house. What a f*ing joke THAT is. So who knows how long we'll be living here. Its working out well so far. May that continue!
School started 3 weeks ago - Alyssa started her course at NSCC (Nova Scotia Community College - Lunenburg campus) in the Culinary arts program. She LOVES it. HATES getting up at the ass-crack of dawn to be out the door by 7:15am, but oh well LOL She's doing great so far :) And Miss Megs started grade 7 at the Junior high - so far so good :) She just had her first school dance Thursday night and had a great time :)
Ive been trying to find a job with not much luck - hard to find employment when half your town's businesses are closing up shop. The latest casualty was our Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant - last Saturday evening head office showed up and informed the staff that the following day at closing they would be closing for good. No other warning then that. Nice eh? Our store was one of 9 apparently across Atlantic Canada to have it's doors closed for good. Alyssa's still working at Lane's but has had her hours cut big time - from 5 nights a week to 3 *sigh* told her to count herself lucky she still HAS the job and hopefully she can get some more hours in soon.
My friend Tim has started a new blog - Queen's County History - I've known Tim a very long time (22 years now I think - he's one of Pat's cousins and I met him way back when Pat and I first started going out together in 1989!) and he's always been very much into history - especially family history - he's the one you go to when you need to find out something about your family! lol Anyway, check out the blog - it's awesome!
Saturday, September 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment